History: I have been blogging since 2002. I started on AOL Member Spaces, then Blogger in 2006, WordPress in 2009, Tumblr in 2011, Write.as in 2018, and now self-hosting on Ghost in 2022. Almost always personal updates. I was once a professional "gossip blogger" for five years, and had some success with that, but no one blogs about tabloids anymore.
past projects (2002 on forward)
- blog on AOL Member Spaces
- wrote Party Coves by hand while skipping class at Northwest High School. Filled one 3-subject notebook + 50 typed pages. Non-published.
- wrote The Sickcall Ranger Handbook (in collaboration with PFC Steven Payne) while being out-processed from the U.S Army. 20-page (handmade) document which I wrote, and PFC Payne illustrated. Only one copy in existence.
- founder/sole writer for Notorious News (tabloid blog)
- publish first (poorly written) book titled Party Like It's 1999 with PublishAmerica (now out of business). No clue how many copies are floating around.
- head writer for flagship blog network Fatback Media(.com)
- founder/sole writer for personal "life tumblr", Tomskee(.com)
- publish novella via Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) titled An Imperfect Dream.
- wrote Job Corps Rule!, a fictionalized memoir of my time at St Louis Job Corps in 2003. Non-published.
- wrote The Typewriter Papers Vol. 1-3 on Brother typewriter. 75 pages per volume. Non-published.
- full-time diarist on Write.as here
- created PSShub(.online) (Privacy, Safety, Security HUB) on Carrd.co, a no-code chart/list of resources/hub for saf(er) alternatives to common apps that do not spy on you
- created GeneralDisclaimer, another no-code Carrd.co site that allowed visitors to copy/paste a snarky/cynical disclaimer that they could then put on the bottom of their Webpage. No author (me) credit needed.
- created the first version of Thanx (discontinued in 2022) where people can reach out to me through e-mail via a form that prompts the sender to say "Thanx" (or whatever else they want to say). Making it into a legit Web app that people can sign-up for, use for themselves.
- attempt to write 24K words in 24 hours (#24in24). Finished 5,400 words and then life got in the way. Here is the document
- created The Zine Around The Corner, a personal zine that is PDF-only, and only available to download from my blog
- created a small, four (sample) track EP titled Sounds In The Key Of Quarantine under surname "old.leary".
- shipped v.0.1 and v.0.2 of litecopy.site (later dismantled)
- officially begin development of Thanx (discontinued)
- begin recording another old.leary EP using simple, lo-fi technologies (work-in-progress)
- create new blog using Ghost(.org) software, hosted at tmo.name
- re-create "PAP (Plain Ass Pong) v.1.0" on Scratch 3 software (the original I made in 2017 using Scratch 2). ( download here )
- create the outline for The "init commit" Project (TicP), and start researching hardware needed
- started rawtxt.digital, in an homage to my early delve into "blogging" in 2002 - writing and publishing through a raw
.htmlfile through FTP space. Now done through my VPS.